Make sure you stay informed to covid-19 related changes to race days near you. Be safe New Zealand.
Please do not come to the track if you are feeling unwell.
Page Grove (Up the hill at the end of the cul-de-sac follow the road to the left)
Wednesday, 27th January 2021
17:00 Gates open
17:30 - 18:15 Open practice and registration
18:15 - 18:20 Drivers briefing
18:30 - Qualifying heats and finals (TT02, SuperStock RC, and M-Chassis)
20:20 - CMR caravan derby
20:40 - All racing completed
The timetable is indicative only and is subject to change dependant on numbers and weather.
Families are encouraged to attend - feel free to bring a picnic or takeaway meal prior to racing.
SuperStock Touring Car (minimum of 13.5t motors)
TT02 (brushed, torque-tuned or similar)
M-Chassis (brushed, torque-tuned or similar)
CMR caravan derby (please see Rules section of this page for full details and rules)
Please make all payments to the following account;
Capital Model Racers
Account Number: 06-0582-0055967-00
Please use your surname and "Twilight" as reference so we can ensure your payment has been received.
You must bring a screen shot of the payment to show the Race Director.
Open Practice is from 17:30 - 18:15
Qualifying will be 1 x 5 min round per class (TT02, SuperStock TC, and M-Chassis only).
Finals will be 2 x 5 min rounds per class (TT02, SuperStock TC, and M-Chassis only).
- caravan must be a realistic shape and size, and must be unpowered.
- caravan's scale must match the car that is towing it.
- one point awarded per lap completed with an intact, recognisible caravan.
- one point deducted ("demerit point") per marshalling of a car/caravan.
- winner is the car with the most points earnt (minus demerit points) at the conclusion of the race.
- In the event of a points tie, fastest race times apply.
- caravan trailer / base must be made of either plastic or balsa wood - no steel or other metals to be used except axles / wheel bearings, ball connector and bar, wheel nuts and similar components.
- caravan body must be hollow and constructed out of balsawood, with a maximum thickness of 3mm. Caravan must weigh a minimum of 100g.
- onroad cars only, with no modifications made to the car's chassis or body. No steel frames etc in the car.
- silver can brushed motors only.
- caravan derby will be a single race of seven minute duration.
- caravan must remain connected to a towing car at all times.
- a caravan that is on its side, or on its roof, must immediately stop at the side of the track and be marshalled, incurring a demerit point.
- any caravan that is adjudged by the Race Director to no longer be recognisible as a caravan will be eliminated from the race and must immediately leave the track.
- car-to-car contact is discouraged; car to caravan contact is strongly encouraged :-)
Caravan derby prize categories are as detailed below:
Least demerits - in case of a tie, slowest overall time wins.
Built to Last
Most intact caravan at the conclusion of the race.
Best in Show
Best looking caravan.
Most spectacular crash/wipeout.
Note that the Race Director is the sole judge of all prize categories.
You must marshall the race after yours or find someone to marshall for you. The first race of the day will be marshalled by the drivers from the last race of the round. A driver may arrange a competent substitute and is to notify the Race Director of this arrangement.
Limited power and tables are available. Toilets are provided.
Please check Facebook in case of cancellation.
SuperStock Touring Car
|Ryan Fraser||Team Fraser Racing|
|James Fraser||Team Fraser Racing|